Thailand has long been a popular tourist destination for those looking for an amazing getaway. It is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning limestone cliffs, and vibrant cities. But what about the quality of life? Is Thailand really good for travellers? In this article, we take a look at some of the pros and cons of living in Thailand as a traveller.
What is Thailand like as a traveller destination?
Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and for good reason. The country is full of stunningly beautiful scenery, friendly people, delicious food and interesting culture. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach or explore the lush jungle, Thailand has something for everyone. Here are just a few things to keep in mind if you’re planning a trip to Thailand:
1. The temperature range is very wide in Thailand – from the hot, humid south to the cool mountain ranges in the north. Make sure you pack appropriately for every day of your visit!
2. Thai currency is the baht (THB). Visitors can use their home currency (USD, EUR, GBP) at some hotels and restaurants but it’s always worth checking first. Exchange rates can vary widely and rates at banks and other official exchange offices are usually more favourable.
3. Travelers should be aware that Thai law prohibits foreigners from engaging in any form of prostitution or homosexual activities, even if these activities are legal in their home countries. This means that gays and lesbians should avoid travelling to Thailand unless they have close friends or family living there who can act as unofficial guides.
4. Be prepared
What are the best things to do in Thailand?
Thailand is a great place for travellers. It has a diverse culture, with plenty of attractions and places to visit. Here are the five best things to do in Thailand:
1. Visit the popular tourist spots such as Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket.
2. Take a trip down the River Kwai, one of the most famous prisoner of war camps in World War II.
3. Explore the Buddhist temples in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
4. Enjoy some delicious Thai food at local restaurants.
5. Be entertained by traditional shows and performances at various venues around Thailand.
The best time of year to visit Thailand
Thailand is good for traveller all year round. The best time of year to visit is from November to February, when the weather is warm and dry. The rainy season (March to May) can be very wet, so it is important to check the current forecast if you are planning to travel during this time.
The lower regions of Thailand, such as the provinces of Khao Yai and Phuket are great places to explore in the winter. The mountains here have a beautiful snow-covered peak that can be seen throughout the year. If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, you can go skiing or snowboarding in these areas.
In the summer months, Thailand’s beaches are a magnet for travellers. The temperatures are usually hot and humid, but the beaches are still beautiful. You’ll find perfect sand beaches and crystal clear waters here. If you’re looking for a little more excitement, head to Koh Samui or Krabi for diving and surfing adventures.
Whatever season you choose to visit Thailand, make sure to book your tickets well in advance because the popularity of this country always increases during peak travelling seasons.
Where can I stay in Thailand?
There are many places to stay in Thailand, but some popular choices are the luxurious resorts on the islands and in Muang Thong Thani, or Bangkok’s central business district. For budget travellers, there are plenty of backpacker hostels and guesthouses available as well.
One option for those looking for a more immersive experience is to stay in a village homestay. These can be found all over Thailand and often come with a tour of the local area. Alternatively, some people prefer to live like a local and stay in one of the countless rural villages spread throughout Thailand.
Whatever your choice, be sure to research carefully before making your booking to ensure you get the best deal possible.
What are the prices like in Thailand?
Thailand is a great country for travellers. The prices are low, and the people are friendly and welcoming. In Bangkok, the capital city, you can find all the amenities you need, and the food is delicious. You can also find excellent shopping opportunities in Thailand.